SEIU Health and Welfare Fund
The SEIU Health & Welfare Fund is a national Jointly Managed, Multi-Employer Taft Hartley Trust Fund providing medical, prescription, dental and vision benefits.
Jointly Managed – means that the Fund is managed by an equal number of employer representatives and union representatives. These representatives are called Trustees. Trustees are the decision makers regarding the operation of the Fund. Their actions and decisions must be in the best interest of the participants and their covered dependents.
Multi-Employer – means that the Fund provides benefits to participants from more than one employer.
Taft-Hartley – is the federal legislation that established this type of Fund.
Quick Facts about the SEIU Health & Welfare Fund
- Established in 1969.
- Managed by the Board of Trustees consisting of four (4) Employer Trustees and four (4) Union Trustees.
- Administered by a professional administrative staff, legal counsel, investment advisors, accountants, benefit consultants/actuary.
- Health care benefits are provided to 5,000 participants from more than 100 different contributing employers.
- The Fund administers multiple benefit plan options which are all compliant with the Affordable Care Act. The benefit plan that each participant is entitled to is determined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) between the participant’s local SEIU Union and the participant’s employer. In some situations where no CBA exists, benefits are determined by a Participation Agreement between the Fund and the employer.
- Some benefit plans cover the participant only. Some cover the participant and children only. Some cover the participant, the spouse and children. Please refer to your CBA or contact the Fund office for information concerning dependent coverage.
- Kurt Edelman, Union Trustee – Public Services Division, SEIU
- Tom Balanoff, Union Trustee – President SEIU Local 1
- Javier Morillo-Alicea, Union Trustee – President SEIU Local 26
- Vacant, Union Trustee
- John Nesse, Employer Trustee – Partner Management Guidance, LLP
- David Monroe, Jr., Employer Trustee – Regional Vice President, ABM
- Sita Morantz, Employer Trustee – President & Chief Administrative Officer, Marsden Holding, LLC.
- Christopher Bouvier, Employer Trustee – Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, ABM
- Mooney, Green, Saindon, Murphy & Welch, P.C.
- Salter & Company, LLC
Consultant and Actuary
- The Segal Company
- Marquette Associates
Name of Plan
- SEIU Health and Welfare Fund
Plan Identification Numbers
- EIN: 52-0904354
- IRS Plan Number: 501
Type of Plan
- Employee welfare benefit plan providing medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- The Board of Trustees of the Service Employees International Union. All communications to the plan should be sent to: